- 1 ½ CUPS apple juice (or ½ juice and ½ sherry wine)
- ¼ CUP honey
- ¼ CUP lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- 1 TSP kosher salt OR ½ TSP sea kelp
- 1 TSP fresh ground black pepper
- 3 LBS chicken pieces (8 pieces total)
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1 lemon, for garnish, cut into wedges
- MARINATE CHICKEN: Combine apple juice, honey, lemon juice, garlic, cinnamon, salt & pepper in a large ziptop container. Add chicken, seal bag, shake to coat well and let marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, shake off the excess and set chicken aside on a plate.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil until it has been reduced to 1 cup and has begun to thicken (about 10-15 minutes).
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown chicken parts over fairly high heat just a few minutes per side, lowering heat if needed to prevent from charring. You want the chicken to be evenly browned, but not fully cooked yet.
- Place chicken in a 9″ x 13″ roasting pan and pour the reduced marinade on top.
- Bake 30-55 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink (cooking time will vary based on the chicken pieces you use).
- Skim fat from the pan juices and serve juices as a dipping sauce if you like.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve!