- ¼ CUP Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 CUPS Yams, peeled and diced
- 4 CUPS Onion, diced
- ¼ CUP Chili Powder
- ¼ CUP Cumin
- ¼ CUP Kosher Salt
- ¼ CUP Vegetable Base
- 4 CUPS Red Kidney Beans
- 4 CUP Tomatoes, diced
- 1 CUP Water
- Heat oil in large stock pot on medium-high heat; add yams and onions and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and vegetable base and stir until coated. Cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, and water. Stir and let simmer for an hour.
- Serve warm and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro (optional).