- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 3 Celery Stalks, cut into ½ inch
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3 Potatoes, peeled, cut into ½ inch
- 2 large Carrots, peeled, cut into ½ inch
- ½ CUP frozen Peas
- 4 CUPS Turkey Broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 TSP Sage
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 3/4 CUP Water
- 2 TBSP Garbanzo Bean Flour or ½ can garbanzo beans pureed
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, pulled apart into 1 inch pieces
- In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add celery and onion, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, peas, chicken broth, sage, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cook 15 to 18 minutes, or until potatoes are almost fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender or food processor, combine water and garbanzo bean flour. Pour into soup pot and stir until thickened. Add turkey (or chicken if you prefer) and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is hot, stirring occasionally.