- 1 ¼ CUP Butter (soft, transfat free)
- 1 CUP Honey
- ½ TSP Stevia
- 1 CUP Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 CUP White Flour
- 1 CUP Quick Oats
- 1 CUP Applesauce
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ CUP Dried Cranberries (soaked in hot water)
- 1 ½ CUP Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Ground Flax Seed
- 1 TSP Wheat Germ
- 1 TBSP Kelp
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In mixing bowl, combine flours and oats; mix well and set aside.
- With electric mixer, blend butter, applesauce and sweeteners; scrape sides of bowl; add vanilla and eggs. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, wheat germ, flax seed, kelp, flour mixture, dark chocolate and dried cranberries.
- Blend these all together – DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Use a well rounded tablespoon to place cookies on parchment paper about 1 1⁄2″ apart.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until light brown. Cool on rack. Makes 30 cookies.