- 1 LB Ground Turkey (avoid ground turkey breast)
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 5 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 OZ Tomato Paste
- 1 large Chipotle Pepper, finely minced
- 4 CUPS Chicken Stock
- 1 large Sweet Potato, diced ½ inch
- 1 TSP Smoked Paprika
- ½ TSP Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Ancho-Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TBSP Light Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP Spice of Life
- ¼ TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TSP Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ TSP Cinnamon
- ⅛ TSP Nutmeg
- 2 TSP Cumin
- In a 4-6 quart Dutch oven, brown the turkey in the olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the turkey and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Spice of Life. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the remaining spices stirring frequently for about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and minced chipotle. Add the turkey back to the pot along with the chicken stock. Bring it to a simmer and add the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook at a brisk simmer for about an hour. Check the sweet potatoes periodically. (You want them to crush easily under pressure from a wooden spoon, but not completely dissolve into the goulash.)