- 4 CUPS Chicken Broth
- 1 large Egg
- 4 TSP finely grated, lightly packed Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP Panko Breadcrumbs
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- A handful of Spinach leaves, cut into 1/2-inch ribbons (can also use Chard, Arugula, Sorrel, or any tender green)
- Place broth in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and black pepper.
- Once the broth is simmering, stir in the cut spinach.
- Pour/scrape the cheese egg mixture, stir the egg mixture into the soup. Make sure the spoon is in motion when pouring the egg mixture into the soup.
- Cook at a gentle simmer for another minute.
Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper if you wish. Serve immediately.
Save your leftovers for another day.
Yield: 2-3 servings
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes