- 1¼ CUPS All-Purpose Flour
- 1¼ CUPS Whole Wheat Pastry Flour*
- ¼ CUP Sour Cream, reduced-Fat
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 4 TBSP unsalted Butter, cold
- 3 TBSP Canola Oil
- 4 TBSP Ice Water
- ½ TSP Salt
* Whole wheat pastry flour is lower in protein than regular whole wheat flour, has less gluten-forming potential, making it a better choice for tender baked goods. Store in the freezer.
- Whisk both flours, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces and with your fingers, quickly rub them into the dry ingredients until the pieces are small but still visible. Add sour cream and oil; toss with a fork to combine.
- Sprinkle water over the mixture and toss with a fork until evenly moist. Knead the dough with your hands in the bowl a few times—the mixture will still be a little crumbly.
- Turn out onto a clean surface and knead a few more times, until the dough just holds together.
- Divide the dough in half and spread into pie dish or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.