- 1 CUP Instant Oats
- ¾ CUP Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 CUP Red Apple, finely diced
- ½ CUP Agave
- 2 TBSP unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg, room temperature
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1½ TSP Baking Powder
- 1½ TSP Cinnamon
- ⅛ TSP Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the apple. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Drop the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Yield: 12 cookies
Total Time: 1 hour