- ½ CUP plus 2 TBSP lime juice
- ½ bunch scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 2-4 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and minced
- ⅛ to ¼ CUP sugar, (optional)
- 1 TSP salt
- ⅛ TSP ancho chili powder
- 3 quarts diced seedless watermelon (1½-inch pieces)
- 6 OZ queso fresco, crumbled and divided
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped and divided
- ½ CUP pepitas, toasted and salted, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, scallion whites and jalapeños and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, if using, ancho chili powder and salt.
- Add watermelon, scallion greens, half the queso fresco, half the cilantro and half the pepitas; stir to combine.
- Portion into 12-ounce glasses and garnish each with some of the remaining queso fresco, cilantro and pepitas.