- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ CUP finely chopped red onion
- 4 slices of turkey bacon cut crosswise into ½-inch strips (optional)
- 2 CUPS packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ½ CUP cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ CUP crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBSP snipped chives
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas,
- 8-inch, warmed
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1½ teaspoons of the oil. Add the red onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 min.
- If you choose, add the turkey bacon and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk whole eggs and egg whites and season with sea salt.
- Heat the remaining 1½ teaspoons of oil in the skillet.
- Add the eggs and cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until set, 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bacon mixture, feta and chives.
- Spoon the egg mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with the lettuce.
- Fold in the sides of the tortillas, then fold bottom of the tortillas over the filling and continue to roll until the filling is enclosed.
- Cut the wrap in half and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Cook Time: 20 minutes