- 1 CUP quinoa
- 2 CUPS water
- 1 CUP cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ CUP fresh basil leaves, minced
- ¼ CUP baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ CUP olives, chopped (green, black, and/or kalamata)
- ¼ CUP balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ TSP Spice of Life, or another salt-free seasoning mix
1. In a medium pot, add quinoa and water until a boil.
2. Reduce water to a simmer and cook the quinoa until all the water is absorbed (stir quinoa every 5 minutes so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot).
3. Add the tomatoes, basil, olives, balsamic vinaigrette, and olive oil to the cooked quinoa and mix all the ingredients together.
4. Serve hot or cold.
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes