- 4 cups pecans (don’t use salted pecans!)
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Truvia®
- 1 cup coffee, for richness
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 or 9″ round pan or spring form pan.
- Process pecans in food processor – pulse until they are meal – but they won’t get quite as small as corn meal.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again.
- Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.
- Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking every 5 minutes at about 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.
Yield: 16 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes