- 2 TSP Olive Oil
- 2 TSP unsalted Butter
- 1/2 small Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced Tomatoes
- 3/4 CUP Chicken Broth
- 2 1/2 TBSP Dairy Creamer
- Black Pepper to taste
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Basil leaves, julienned
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and add the oil and butter. When the butter melts, add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is completely soft, about 15 minutes. (reduce the heat if onion is starting to brown)
- Add garlic and cook 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the tomatoes and their juices to the pan.
- Roughly crush the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon and cook 10 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cook at a medium simmer until the tomatoes begin to fall apart, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Purée the soup in a couple of batches until smooth.
- Return the soup to the burner over low heat and stir in the cream and add black pepper to taste.
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes