- 1 TSP Curry Powder
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 2 TSP Rice Vinegar
- 1 Orange, zested and juiced
- Pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ CUP unsweetened Coconut, flaked
- 6 TBSP Panko Breadcrumbs, plain
- 3 TBSP Whole Grain or Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 1 LB large Shrimp, peeled (tails left on), deveined, butterflied and patted dry
- Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Dipping sauce: Toast the curry and red pepper flakes in a saucepan over medium heat, about 1 minute. Add the honey, vinegar, orange juice and zest. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Shrimp: Combine the coconut, panko and flour in a bowl or baking dish.
- Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until slightly frothy.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with pepper. Add to the egg whites and toss to coat.
- Lift each shrimp from the egg whites, let the excess drip off the shrimp, and then coat in the crumb mixture.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly spray shrimp with nonstick spray. Bake until the shrimp are golden on the outside and opaque in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.