- 1 LB 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 CUP Plain Breadcrumbs (whole grain or whole wheat)
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 1 CUP Shredded Tart Apple, (Granny Smith, washed with peel on)
- 1 ½ TBSP Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- ¾ TSP Spice of Life (or no-salt seasoning substitute)
- ½ TSP Black Pepper
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, optional for garnish
- 1 CUP Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- ¼ CUP Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 TBSP Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, olive oil, egg, apple, fresh sage, garlic powder, onion powder, Spice of Life and pepper. Mix to combine, do not compact the meat.
- Roll mixture into 1 ½ to 2-inch balls, using a small scoop to help portion.
- Arrange meatballs on top of a baking pan. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, just until cooked through.
- In saucepan (large enough to hold the meatballs) add cranberries, applesauce, maple syrup, orange zest, and orange juice.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, then spoon the sauce over gently to coat.
- Enjoy or place in a slow cooker set to the lowest heat to keep warm. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Yield: 24 meatballs