- 2 CUPS Water, cold
- 2 CUPS Raisins
- 1 CUP Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 CUP Coconut Oil
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Ground Cloves
- 1/2 TSP Nutmeg
- 2 TSP Water, warm
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 CUPS Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9 inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, raisins, coconut sugar, coconut oil and spices. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool 10 minutes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the baking soda and salt in warm water and stir until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl mix flour and baking powder.
- When raisin mixture has cooled, add the baking soda and salt mixture and stir well.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until a stiff dough has formed and raisins are well-distributed. Spoon dough into the prepared pan, and bake for 55 minutes.
- Move cake from oven to a cooling rack and let cool 5 minutes, then use overhanging foil to remove cake from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Top off with a touch of powdered sugar and enjoy!