- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 CUP chopped onion
- 2 small celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ LBS sweet potatoes, peeled & diced into 1-inch pieces
- 5 ½ CUPS chicken stock
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ TSP ground nutmeg
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- SLR’s Spice of Life (or another salt-substitute) to taste
- ¼ CUP scallions, chopped
- 2 TSP ground cinnamon
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped celery stalks and leek, sauté mixture 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, 4 cups chicken stock, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and discard.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth then return to pot.
- Add remaining 1 ½ cups chicken stock and maple syrup to soup and stir over medium-low heat until fully heated.
- Season soup to taste with SLR’s Spice of Life.
- Ladle soup into bowls & sprinkle top with scallions and dash of cinnamon, stir top of soup with spoon to give a swirl effect.