- 1/2 CUP Butter, melted, unsalted
- 3/4 CUP Coconut Sugar, packed
- 20 OZ can Pineapple, slices
- 12 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 TBSP Stevia
- 1 CUP All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 CUP Sugar
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 CUP Buttermilk
- 1/3 CUP Greek Yogurt, plain
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the entire 9-inch cake pan with butter. Evenly sprinkle the coconut sugar over the butter.
- Add pineapple slice to center of the pan. Place additional slices around center pineapple, about 7 slices. Place the remaining slices around the sides of the cake pan. Place a cherry in the center of all the pineapple slices and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, Stevia, baking powder; set aside.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together remaining wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to the dry; fold mixture with a spatula until combined. Small lumps will be present, don’t overmix or try to stir them smooth.
- Gently pour batter into prepared pan, be careful to not disturb the pineapple slices; fill pan 3/4 full. If you have a little extra batter, discard it rather than overfilling pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until center is set and not jiggly, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow cake to cool for 30 minutes before inverting, slicing or serving. Cake will keep if airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.