- ½ CUP Rolled Oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 CUP Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 4 TBSP unsalted Butter, softened
- 2/3 CUP Light-Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 TBSP Agave Nectar
- 1 large Egg, room temp
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¼ TSP Baking Soda
- 1/8 TSP Salt
- 4 OZ Dark Chocolate, chopped, or ½ CUP Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a food processor and pulse until the oats are finely ground. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and agave nectar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth and glossy. Reduce mixer speed to the lowest setting and gradually add flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate.
- Drop level tablespoons of the dough onto silicone mat lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Transfer the sheets to the refrigerator and chill the cookies until solid, about 30 minutes. Cookies will spread, so leave room for them to do so.
- Bake until lightly golden around edges, about 12 to 14 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and let cool on the sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 12 cookies
Total Time: 45 minutes