- 1/2 CUP Fresh Cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 TSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 1 TSP Butter
- 3 TBSP Green Onions (white and light green parts only), chopped
- 2 TBSP Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/8 TSP Spice of Life
- 1/8 TSP Black pepper
- 2 TBSP Pecans, chopped and toasted
- Place fresh cherries and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add green onions and carrot; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cherry mixture, rice, Spice of Life, black pepper, and pecans to pan; stir to combine.
Yield: 2 servings
Cook Time: 12 minutes