- Two 4-5-ounce whitefish fillets (haddock, cod, pollock whatever you can find at the local fish market), skin and any bones removed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 PINT of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 TBSP white wine
- 1/4 CUP black or kalamata olives, pitted
- Handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- SLR’s Spice of Life or your favorite seasoning blend
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Pour the olive oil into a large oven-safe skillet set over medium heat. When shimmering, add the garlic. Cook, stirring often, until garlic is fragrant but not browned, one to two minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes to the skillet. Stir in the white wine. Remove from heat.
4. Season the fish fillets, we prefer to use our own Spice of Life Blend, but you can use whichever salt-free seasoning blend you like best. Place the fish fillets into the pan so they touch the bottom of the pan. Top the two fillets with the olives and basil leaves. Spoon some of the tomatoes and pan juice over the tops of the fillets.
5. Transfer skillet to the oven and cook until fish is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Serve with sautéed zucchini or summer squash.
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes