- 2 LB Leg of Lamb, boneless, rolled; trim fat
- 1 TBSP Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 CUPS Red Wine
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 TSP Dried Rosemary
- 1 TSP Spice of Life
- ⅛ TSP Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Add rosemary, ¼ teaspoon Spice of Life and garlic into folds of the roast. Re-roll roast; secure at 3 inch intervals with heavy string.
- Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon Spice of Life and the pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Place roast on the rack of the broiler pan or roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast and bake for 1 hour.
- Increase oven temperature to 425ºF (do not remove roast from oven). Bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Place roast on a platter; cover with foil.
- Let stand 10 minutes for roast to reabsorb juices.
- Remove rack from pan. Combine ½ cup wine and cornstarch; set aside. Add ½ cup wine to drippings in pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Combine drippings mixture and 1 cup wine in a sauce pan; bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon Spice of Life and cornstarch mixture; return to boil, cook 1 minute. Add cornstarch, 11/2 cups red wine, divided until thick, stirring constantly. Serve with lamb.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes