- 2 CUPS Water
- 1 LB French Green Beans, firm and small
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 1 Shallot, peeled and chopped
- ¼ TSP Spice of Life, or salt to taste
- ¼ TSP Freshly Ground Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- Toasted almonds, walnuts or any of your favorite nut
- Roasted garlic
- Place beans in a large skillet. Add 2 cups of water to skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until barely tender, but still crisp. About 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Drain beans and water and set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet over medium heat. Once melted add shallots and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and toss to combine. Season with Spice of Life, pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Store cooked green beans in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Reheat for a few seconds in the microwave or enjoy them cold.
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes