- 5 ½ CUPS traditional rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1 TSP ground ginger
- ½ TSP sea salt
- ¾ CUP light brown sugar
- ¾ CUP applesauce
- ¼ CUP honey
- 1 ½ CUP almonds, chopped
- ¾ CUP dried cranberries
- ¾ CUP dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, applesauce, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, along with the chopped almonds.
- Mix well, until all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the granola over very carefully using a wide spatula.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Break up the granola into chunks and stir into the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes