- 1 ½ CUPS shredded Zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel
- ½ CUP Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- ⅓ CUP unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or substitute with your favorite milk)
- ⅓ TBSP Vanilla Extract
- Zest from 1 Orange
- 2 CUPS Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or White Whole Wheat Flour)
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ TSP Nutmeg
- ¼ CUP Coconut Oil, melted and cooled (or ⅛ cup Oil and ⅛ cup melted Butter)
- ½ CUP chopped Walnuts (toasted optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Spray 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, honey, eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and orange zest until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. (Do not over mix) Next, add in coconut oil and mix again until well combined. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 45-55 minutes until the tester comes out clean.
- Optional add-in: 1 ½ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips.
TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE: Use chickpea flour and add an extra ¼ to ⅓ cup of milk to increase moisture.
Yield: 1 loaf
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes