- 1 CAN white cannellini beans (1 1/2 cups) – drained and rinsed in hot water
- 1 CUP kale (frozen kale, but fresh works too)
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TSP lemon juice and a pinch of lemon zest
- 1/2 TSP fine black pepper
- 3 DASHES of cayenne
- 1/4 CUP raw cashews (no need to soak if using a high speed blender or food processor)
- 1 1/2 TBSP tahini, roasted
- 1/4+ CUP warm water
- 1/4 CUP chopped parsley, flat-leaf
- Optional: garlic powder or roasted garlic
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor. Blend from low to high until silky and smooth (add splashes of water or a little oil if needed to blend smooth – it will firm up in the fridge).
- Pour into a serving dish and chill in the fridge for an hour or even overnight. You could serve right away or warm if desired as well.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and fresh parsley to garnish.
Serve with: rice or flax crackers, toasty bread or your favorite veggie sticks.
Makes about 2 1⁄2 cups