- 1 TBSP Tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (15-ounce) CAN Unsalted Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ TSP Kosher Salt
- 3 TBSP Water
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 (3-ounce) Beet, peeled
- ½ TSP Honey
- ½ TSP Kosher Salt
- ⅓ TSP Black Pepper
- 3 TBSP Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 ½ TBSP Walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Wrap beet in parchment paper. Microwave at High for 3 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes; quarter beet.
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, chickpeas, ¼ kosher salt, water, and garlic clove in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add beet, honey, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper to the food processor with chickpea mixture; process until smooth.
- Toast chopped walnuts at 350º F with 1 teaspoon of oil, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Top the hummus with blue cheese and walnuts.
Chef Kim’s tip for a smooth and creamy hummus: Cook chickpeas for about 5 minutes in boiling water for a smooth hummus. If hummus seems dry add water as you puree.
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes