- 2 CUPS fresh strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 1 CUP cucumber, skin on, finely chopped
- 1 small green or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 CUP red onion, finely chopped
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 CUP basil leaves, chiffonade
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Allow to sit 30-60 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld and marry. Serve over fish or with tortilla chips or pita chips.
- If you want to make this ahead, combine everything except the lime juice and add before serving. The strawberries and cucumbers will break down too much if added now.
- If you are looking for more of a kick in your salsa, add 1 small serrano pepper with seeds removed and finely chopped.
Yield: 10 servings
Preparation Time: 40 minutes