- 1 TBSP Butter
- ¼ CUP Onions, chopped
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 2 CUPS Vegetable Broth
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TSP Tomato Paste
- ¼ LB Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ LB Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ LB Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ TSP Thyme
- 1 ½ TBSP White Wine or Sherry
- ¼ CUP Reduced-Fat Sour Cream
- ½ LB Noodles, uncooked
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish, minced
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions, under-cook them a bit so you can mix it with the sauce and let it finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, while the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds.
- Stir in sour cream; add noodles, mix well and garnish with parsley if desired.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Cook Time: 20 minutes