- 2 CUPS Chicken Broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 CUP dried Cranberries
- 1 CUP Celery, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP unsalted Butter
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, cored and finely chopped
- 3 large Eggs, beaten
- 6 CUPS day-old Whole Grain
- Baguette, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 TSP Spice of Life
- ½ TSP Poultry Seasoning
- ¼ TSP Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ TSP Cinnamon
- 1 dried Sage Leaf, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Lightly coat an 11-inch oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Warm the broth over medium heat.
- Combine hot broth and cranberries in a small bowl; let soak for 30 minutes.
- Sauté celery and onions in butter in a large skillet for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add apples and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the baguette cubes into a large bowl. Pour the broth and cranberries over. Pour in the eggs, and then add seasonings and spices mix together.
- Mix in onion and celery mixture.
- Spoon stuffing into the prepared dish and bake until the center is set, 35 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 8-9 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour