- 1 CUP Turkey Drippings
- 4 CUPS Chicken or Turkey Stock, low-sodium
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP Fresh Sage, finely chopped (or 2 TSP dry)
- 2 TBSP Fresh Thyme Leaves (or 2 TSP dry)
- 1 CUP Milk, non-dairy works too if necessary
- 1/4 CUP Cornstarch, Whole Wheat Flour or gluten-free flour
- Pepper to taste
- Set your roasting pan with the turkey drippings on medium-high heat on the stove-top.
- Add stock to pan, stir and scrape any turkey bits from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Strain and pour this gravy liquid into a bowl and place it in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes to let the fat float and harden at the top.
- Remove hardened fat with a spoon and place the stock into a saucepan. Add in garlic, sage and thyme.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to simmer. Continue to simmer until stock is reduced by 1/4, or until about 3 cups of stock remain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk milk and cornstarch until well combined.
- Pour milk mixture into stock, stirring slowly.
- Continue to simmer and stir frequently until stock thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Cook Time: 30 minutes