- 1/8 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/4 LB Kale, chopped
- 1 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 can Diced Italian Tomatoes
- 1/8 CUP Raisins
- Spice of Life to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Rinse kale and set aside in colander.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil and sauté garlic and onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully add kale to pot (do not completely dry, leftover water on the leaves will help cook it down), a little at a time until it cooks down enough to fit.
- Add vinegar to pot and continue to gently toss kale leaves until they start to wilt.
- Once wilted down (still tender, but softer), season with a little Spice of Life and pepper, and add diced Italian tomatoes.
- Add raisins, stir and cover, let simmer for 5-8 minutes over low to medium heat. Continue to check and stir kale for about 20 -25 minutes total until very tender and fragrant. Taste for seasoning.