- 1 PKG 6” Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- 1 TBSP of SLR’s Spice of Life (or a non-salt seasoning of your choice)
- ¼ CUP of Olive Oil
- 2 CUPS Canned Chickpeas
- 2⁄3 CUP Tahini
- Juice of 1 large Lemon
- 1 TSP of Cod Liver Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled/minced
- Olive Oil, Parsley, Paprika
- Cut pita bread into triangles.
- Pull triangles apart so they are not attached.
- Mix together the olive oil & SLR’s Spice of Life. Put pita triangles in a large bowl and add the oil mixture. Mix well. Place pita triangles on a baking sheet pan.
- Cook in 350° oven until golden-color and crispy, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Boil chickpeas in water for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas until smooth, add in the cod liver oil.
- In a bowl, stir together tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Add pureed chickpeas and blend all together.
- Place in serving bowl and add a little olive oil to the top of the hummus with some parsley and paprika for garnish.