- 4 OZ crab meat
- 1 TSP chili sauce
- ¼ TSP Dijon Mustard
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise (Hellman’s Canola is a healthier choice)
- ½ TSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 springs onions, finely chopped (use only the white parts)
- 1 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBS sea kelp (this is a powder found in the spice section of most grocery stores that is a healthy alternative to salt)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, chili sauce, mustard, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, spring onion and herbs. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a very thin slice from the stem end of each tomato. Carefully scoop out the pulp and seeds with the tip of a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle the insides of the tomato shells with sea kelp. Invert them on a paper towel and let them drain for 15 minutes to get some of the water out of the tomatoes. Using a small spoon, stuff the tomatoes with the crab, mounding the filling slightly on top. Serve cold.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Preparation Time: 30 minutes